Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Day 16- the Reichstag

Today after class we went to the Reichstag!


It was beautiful, and the tour took us all over the place, not just the actual room where the parliament meets. This was my favorite building, Paul-Löbe Haus:


The absolute best part of the whole tour was the very confused individual who first wondered out loud where Meghan Markle’s office was, and then at a later point when our guide was talking about Angela Merkel loudly and confusedly asked “Wait, wait, wait... who’s Angela Merkel?”. 


We also walked up into the glass dome on the top of the building, which I remembered doing years ago with my family, so that was really neat.


After the Reichstag I decided to walk to Potsdamer Platz and get dinner by myself. I sat down outside a cafe and just watched the happenings, it was very relaxing. I’m definitely going to miss this vibrant, wacky, and historical city when I go back home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment