Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Day 9- Class and naps

An exciting day: I went to class and came back, did homework and took a nap.

Something cool that I noticed on the way to the train station is that I walk over where the Berlin Wall used to be every day. It’s weird to think about how it literally wasn’t possible for 28 years to walk across that particular ground, but I can and do every day. The whole city has this small double cobblestone path marking where the wall used to be, but it’s difficult to follow because buildings have often been built right on top of where the wall used to be, and it’s not at all a logical path, so I’m not aware of how many times per day I venture into and out of the old East Berlin. It’s neat to walk where so many important historical events have happened. 



No comments:

Post a Comment